Mushrooms, Moonlight and Magic

Hello! :)

A big warm welcome to my new followers, so glad you could join me on my arty adventures!

A little while a go I received a lovely email from Erin, at That Craft Place Challenge Blog asking me to guest design - I was so delighted at the offer. Sadly at the time when I was asked I couldn't do anything straight away due to all our work going on here with the house, but I'm here now and I've created a magical, moonlight canvas using their MDF pieces.


Oh, I adjust adore this door! It reminds me of those little fairy ones parents are making with their children for their gardens, and that gave me the October-magic inspiration for this piece. It took the Lindy's paints beautifully allowing the shimmer to really sparkle, and that was without gesso!! 


I used a Tim Holtz pull-thing for the handle of the door. To create the glow behind the window, I cut a piece of card and sprayed with yellow Lindy's spray, cut and fit to the back of the window. Then filled in with Glossy Accents.


I accented with Glitter Glass in Gold Rush and Black, for extra magical texture!! :) And the greenery is fake moss, but it just felt like the perfect addition to this project.



I was a little nervous with how the moon was going to turn out, but I actually like the colours it got hit with, which was pure fluke when spraying the sky... 


Tried to create a magical night sky with an air of mystery with the bats and glitter glass.


A roman numeral, for a little door number of the little fairy house, again covered in magical  black glitter glass, touched with some of the gold.


The MDF mushrooms come with the door and add the perfect backdrop to the scenery.


I wanted this one as the focal point, so went in with brighter sprays. Magic colours for a magic mushroom ;) - probably the reason how stories of fairies came about lol!!

Hope you enjoyed today's post, see you soon!
Hugs
Georgie xx





19 comments

  1. Oh Georgie, this is beyond stunning!!! It truly has such a magical feel to it! The textures on the background are truly magical and oh that moon, just wonderful! The addition of the moss is brilliant too, such a fantastic piece, - LOVE it big time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your project is absolutely fantastic, really magical. As always, great textures and so many fabulous details.
    Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a magical delight Georgie! Really fantastic. As for that door - I want one myself (and I'm all grown up !). Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You truly have created a magical scene with the gorgeous door and the beautiful moon - even the bats add to the magical quality - beautiful, simply beautiful!! I want one too now... Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful! So I want to open the door beckoning !))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a truly magical project Georgie and I SO want to look through this door as I can see a magical kingdom behind it. Thanks so much for guesting with us at That Craft Place....you rocked !
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! There's going to be such fun tonight when the fairies fly through that door! Real magic here Georgie! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love little magical fairy doors and this takes the cake! I can see the little fairy that lives here in my mind! Gee, this is a stunning design and while it is dark it invokes such a light feel. How amazeballs! Loves it! Hugz! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with everyone else! What fantasy! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh gorgeous - I love your little fairytale door and fabulous bats in the moonlight! Congrats on a great GD spot.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness your fairytale door is stunning. I want to see what is going on beyond the door and at the same time I want to keep looking to see if I have missed anything on the front. It's truly magical and such an inspirational piece of art. You really ROCKED IT!! Love the bat, the mushroom - absolutely love it.

    With lots of smiles
    Laine K

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a magical piece, love the golden shimmer, the glitter, the little Hobbit door that creates a fantasy, who will live behind that door? Such a sweet and lovely project!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Gorgie, this is such a magical piece! Love the colour tones, all the little shimmering touches as it duster with pixie dust and the cute door. And the twinkling candle light in the tiny window - this is just breath takingly gorgeous! I love every single detail! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really-really don't know what to add to previous commentators (:
    Magical, stunning and very inspirational!
    Evgenia
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Magical! appeared from a fairy tale Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I appreciate several from the Information which has been composed, and especially the remarks posted I will visit once more.  Magic Mushrooms

    ReplyDelete
  17. There are a lot of blogs over the Internet. But I can surely say that your blog is amazing in all. It has all the qualities that a perfect blog should have. one up mushroom chocolate bar where to buy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks magic mushrooms chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  19. Penis envy mushrooms I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post.

    ReplyDelete