Frilly and Funkie Challenge - Something To Say

Hello you lovely people!

Another challenge jumps in to life over at Frilly and Funky and this time the theme is:


SOMETHING TO SAY

There are so many fabulous quotes and sayings now available for use on our projects. Whether you stamp it, print it, write it or die cut it, make your sentiment the main focus of attention on your vintage or shabby chic entries.


                            

I created a card suitable for use for any occasion, but as it turned out it went off to it's new home sooner than I thought, my sister in law's birthday :)

Here, I'd like to say huge thanks to Jenny for helping me out with the watermark!! THANK YOU! :) I recently (and accidentally) updated my Mac to Yosemite and it's the worst thing ever!! Everything has changed - grr!! (Breathe and..... happy place) ;)

Anyway, back to business, here are some close ups :):


This gorgeous ornamental setting from Tim Holtz was just perfect to encase my word. I chose 'WISH' because it's time and time over for any occasion.


Some lovely pearl dots by Kaisercraft


Rolled roses using Maja Design Summer Basics paper.

Short and sweet again today, I have to figure the final, well everything, for the new kitchen. So I am measuring and measuring again like a crazy person, (crazy because the kitchen isn't built yet - lol) plus I still need a solution to the dining area - brain is in overload... but... at least the builders started this week - yay!! :) I can see the light... :) :) 

Gotta dash, and will be catching up with all you lovely folk very, very soon. 
Georgie xxx






20 comments

  1. What a fabulous card created amidst such chaos!!! How you do it I don't know. LOVE those rolled roses and the way you've used the ornate plate to highlight the word. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning!!! I am still trying to lift up my jaw off the ground!!! You make the most gorgeous vintage projects!!! Thank you for the inspiration Georgie and I wish you luck with the kitchen!!! Hopefully you'll be able to sit down in your dining area and marvel at your new beautiful kitchen :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, shabby and chock full of gorgeous embellishments. Love the monochromatic look as well.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never cease to blow me away with your gorgeous creations Georgie! I could just melt right into this one. Love the monochromatic theme, so shabby and stunning! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is a beauty Georgie, love the rich purple tones,really elegant
    Good luck with your kitchen,search Pinterest.....loads of inspiration on there ;)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Georgie -- this is such a lovely card. I love the monochromatic color palette and the fibers that you used. Hope the kinks from Yosemite are quickly being resolved. Mac user here -- I soooo understand. -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is all the more impressive for being created when you are surrounded by builders, etc. Beautiful work! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely amazing, Georgie! It's an elegant and delicate beautifully designed card! I love your colour palette here and that perfect shabby look! Your rolled roses are just fantastic! Spectacular card, my friend! Wish you luck with the kitchen! Have a wonderful day, my dear!
    Big hugs :)
    Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow!!! It is very elegant an absolutely fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely delicious, Georgie - so pretty and feminine - beautifully done.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Georgie!!
    I wanted to stop by and drool over your gorgeous card for a while:-)) You've created such a soft, shabby feel, and your rolled roses are over the top gorgeous!! I love the way you framed your sentiment with the Tim Holtz ornamental. It compliments everything to perfection. Best of luck with the completion of your new kitchen! How exciting!!! It will be worth every moment of planning and deliberating over choices when you prepare your first meal in your sparkling new kitchen!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gee, this is absolutely tootley gorgeous! I wish I had an ounce of your talent for shabby chic in my art supplies so I could pull it and use it whenever the mood stuck. Awesomesauce and amazeballs! Hugz to you muffin! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, shabbylicious and just pure gorgeousness! Love the little roses adding such a lovely accent to the focal sentiment. Absolute stunner! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very pretty! All the fancy blossoms look incredible! Love the added fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty, very elegant....Love the lilac tones and those rolled roses..a delight! Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous, lovely use of colors. I regognize a few 'old' items from Tim Holz, you've used them in a very great way! Thank you for your kind words on my blog! Hug X

    ReplyDelete
  17. STUNNING Georgie - I bet your sister in law was so honored to receive such GORGEOUSNESS. The colors are LOVELY. Your watermark is so neat! j.

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH this is awesome..Love the rolled roses and sweet soft colors you have chosen. Seems changes are not easy most of the time, but your watermark is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cor! I ' WISH ' I had such flair Georgie - this is stunning! We updated to Yosemite last year and I hated it at first - used to it now! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card Georgie, your SIL will love it! And don't you love it when computer updates make your life more difficult?! Thought they were supposed to help, not hurt! Hope you have it straightened out now and good luck with the renos, remember 'Happy place, happy place!' Deb xo

    ReplyDelete