Shabby Chic Card

Hello lovely followers :)

I've been slowly popping round to see as many of you as possible and WOW... is all I can say, everyone is so amazingly talented. I'm so proud and honoured to be surrounded by such talent.

I've recently been following a few of the Prima and Finnabair (Mixed Media Place) artists and love some of the work that they do, so much so it has inspired me to try a new approach to card making, and well crafting in general.




I thought I'd start this new style with my friends birthday card (although this will be late), the new style being the shabby chic elements on the card and then colouring spraying and embellishing after and the use of flowers on a card.



I have recently bought some new goodies from Simon Says Stamp, a big overseas craft haul. I was so delighted when it turned up, so some new craft goodies were used on this card too!

My new bits I've used were some Prima glitter glass and some Prima Mica Flakes. I also used some white crackle paint around the edges and bladed back with some gesso.

I  also have new Lindy Sprays, so used Merci Beacoup Mint and Frenchy's Pink Pouf. As well as using Colbolt and Lilac from the Prima Colour Bloom Sprays.

Oooh and used my new Epiphany papers, they - are - YUM!! So gorgeous!!

I'm a very lucky lady who had husband with no idea what to get me for Christmas and a wish list at Craftie Charlie that needed to be taken advantage of. So more new stuff too, I've been very spoilt this year :)

Also new toy... Light box!! Loving it, especially on dark days like these and I can use my phone to snap the pics, so the whole process is that much easier.

Hope everyone is having a great start to 2015.
Big hugs
Georgie xx

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:

House of Cards Challenge
Country View Crafts - Use Something New To You
Frilly and Funkie - Anything Goes

27 comments

  1. Two Design Team spots??? Wow, what great news! Sounds like Santa was good to you, just when you need it! Lovely card! Beautiful flowers and colors! I'm looking forward to seeing what 2015 has in store for you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my gosh, this is stunning, Georgie! I LOVE all the amazing texture and beautiful use of color and texture! Just totally in LOVE! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! I hope you join us each month in 2015! HUGS and happy new year! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card. Love all the wonderful colour you gave your floral spray and the texture you added to the background. This is a happy card your friend will love even if it is late. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new approach has definitely been a success, your card is absolutely stunning, you have used the flowers beautifully. Hope you have lots more fun with all your new goodies! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Georgie, I LOVE the way your card seems to jump right off the page! Beautiful soft shades of lilac and baby blues really bring your card to life! Very pretty style! Thanks for sharing your joyful creation with us over at House of Cards! Have a wonderful 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is very very beautiful, thank you for joining our color challenge at LSG!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just saw this and now your blog on Frilly and Funkie - now following! Stunning make Georgie. Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning, Gorgeous, BEAUTIFUL!! I love everything a out your card. Thank you so much for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card really caught my eye on the HOC linky list - stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful!! The flowers are gorgeous!! Don't forget to qualify for the Lindy's Color challenge, please link the Lindy's colors you used (minimum of 2) back to Lindy's online store. Thanks for joining us this month!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa for reminding me, I've not had the sprays long so I've not entered a challenge and completely forgot in all my excitement, I will do it now xx

      Delete
  11. Thanks for joining the color challenge! Loved your card! Remember to link back to the store the Lindy's Stamp Gang products you used in order to be eligible to win!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is so so fabulous! I'm more of a CAS girl myself but you make me want to dabble in frilly girly cards--love it! Hope you join us again at House of Cards!

    toni

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! Thanks for playing with LSG!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful! I love the soft overall feel.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another beautiful creation!! Love the colors and your composition of elements!! Lovely! Thank you for joining in at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card with lovely layers and clusters!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Utter gorgeousness Georgie! LOVE the grouping of that beautifully coordinated bouquet in the corner. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This just look like a great painting, and when you close up you see all the layers and textures.. lovely.

    Thanks for joining us at House of Cards!
    Ma DT HoC

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh wow! I love it! All the flowers and textures! Thank you for joining in with HOC! Pat (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adorable card! Thanks for playing with LSG!

    ReplyDelete
  21. ok. i love this card. what a lucky friend to get it in the mail!!!! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very beautiful work !
    Thank your for joining us at Lindy's Stamp Gang !

    ReplyDelete
  23. How wonderful card ! Stunning colours and composition. Thank you so much for taking part in Lindy's Stamp Gang colour challenge. Thank you for sharing your art. Hugs, Marta xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card, the colours are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete