Mixed Media Fairy Card

Firstly, just want to say ....OH.. MY.. GOSH.... I cannot believe my tag was picked in Tim Holtz's Top Ten of November (2014). So flabbergasted (not a word I usually use but in this circumstance I feel it is warranted)!!! ;)  You would not believe my shock at seeing these sweet comments on my page, I had to double read. I keep going back now to make sure it's real.

Generally I am someone who lacks confidence in all walks of life and something like this happening is such boost, I should learn to not doubt my ability - hmm I can feel an art journal page coming on :)

Anyhoo... back to my card. :) My mum asked for one, similar to the butterfly one I did, for a friend of hers that adores fairies. Only she wanted pink/oranges thrown in too - challenge accepted!


The background was made using Tim Holtz Distress Paints (Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves and Mustard Seed) on top of dry wall tape and those little glass beads. Once coloured I used White Fire Treasure Gold to highlight all the raised areas.


After the highlighting was done I went in with lowlights and texture, with the Verra Paste in Green Gold.


This is the back, I used My Minds Eye double sided 6 x 6 paper and then the Tim Holtz Easel dies to prop it up.

Thanks for looking and have a cheery evening one and all
xxx

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:

Crafty Catz - Anything Goes
Not Just Cards Challenges no.7 - Anything Goes

7 comments

  1. First-huge congratulations for your Tim win! Now - I can imagine the colour of your hands with this gorgeous card! This again is just fabulous-oh that texture-scrumptious!! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what stunning work well done on the TH..... thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz challenge and hope to see you again
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope it has boosted your confidence because you were so deserving of your win! Congratulations again! Love your fairy piece, the colours are striking and I love the texture you created - beautiful work. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some really great techniques used on this card and your gothic butterfly Georgie, I love the effect of the dripping glue. Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow! Jaw dropping texture and beautiful colours. Big congrats on your win - so well deserved.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a stunning piece of 3D work that should be framed quite frankly! Love it so much. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Firstly, belated congrats on a well deserved but not surprising tag win. Second..this is another wonderful textural piece and such rich colours...fab! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete