'So Adorable' Scrapbook Page





I'm actually really loving this page, I love the papers, love the flowers, love the lace, well you get the idea! I think I'm at a stage where I feel a little proud of this one, but it's only number three for me and compared to others out there it doesn't really meet the same standard, however I love it (have I mentioned that already?) :)

I've found this time round by following in the footsteps of an expert, or at least taking inspiration from them, I felt better placed to run with one concept on my own. So I took the layout idea from Gabrielle Pollacco and her recent scrapbook selfie, I love the idea of the paper looking like fabric in her design and the flow of the flowers clustered down the 'drapes', but used my own colours to suit and added a few bits more. It's a bit like being a child and having an adult hold your bike until you pick up enough speed to maintain your balance lol.

I used a whole pack of Petaloo flowers, which is unlike me, I like to use very little in case I need that colour/shape/style elsewhere. However since turning thirty recently I've realised life is just too short for what ifs! So with this new philosophy embraced, I went for it and this was the result.



I love (there's that word again) the Prima cherub with the bird, it just makes me think of my son, not that he's an angel much these days - terrible twos have come early, but he was very well behaved for his trip to Monkey World, where this photo was taken. So he earned his cherub status that day :)



I used jute twine to create loops to go under a couple of flowers to add extra interest but what I would say is that I'm missing some die cuts, leaves, swirls or flourishes. So, note to self for the lessons learned. 

Can't wait to start the next one, I've got a gorgeous picture of my husband and son together in a soft focus black and white photo - cute xx

I'd like to enter this in the Pan Pastels UK - Pretty Shabby Chic Challenge.
And the My Craft Creations - Anything Goes

1 comment

  1. Wow how beautiful, gorgeous photo and your layout showcases it to perfection. Thanks for joining us at PanPastel challenge this time
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete